Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Center for START Services at the University of New Hampshire Institute on Disability (IOD). The IOD is committed to excellence in the work place and offers a wide range of benefits including tuition reimbursement, comprehensive insurance coverage (health, dental, life, long term care, disability), career services, staff development and multicultural resources.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status, genetic information, and political orientation. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Senior Program Support Assistant
Under broad supervision of the Center for START Services (CSS) the Director of Operations, this position will include a variety of diverse program administrative responsibilities, using significant independent judgment in supporting day-to-day CSS operations, policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality, and coordination of national network of START services. Responsibilities include
Coordinate day-to-day operations for the Center for START Services including managing phone, email, and in-person inquires, national team calendars/schedules, and state/regional project activities.
Work directly for Director of Center for START Services to schedule meetings both internally and externally and to assist with the coordination of the Director’s calendar.
Schedule and manage state/regional project meetings including participant invitations, preparing agendas and other materials, arranging/coordinating videoconferencing equipment, taking, distributing, and filing of meeting minutes and notes.
Coordinate state/regional project conference and workshop administration including locating venue, negotiating event contracts (food, AV, etc.), coordinating planning committee meetings, and preparing materials.
Arrange complicated travel for national team members including air, hotel, and transportation related to state/regional projects
Senior Program Support Assistant
Under the broad supervision of Center for START Services (CSS) Director of Operations this individual is responsible for a variety of program activities, using significant independent judgment in managing day-to-day scheduling, providing operations support, tracking of various work activities, and assisting with the maintenance of policies and procedures. The position requires maintaining confidentiality, and overall support in the coordination of the national network of START programs. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and maintaining of day-to-day activities for individuals assigned to the Clinical Team including managing schedules, travel events, and support inquires.
- Coordinates various scheduling needs and manages state/regional project meetings including participant invitations through Outlook, prepares agendas and other materials, arranges and coordinates videoconferencing equipment or use through remote platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Maintains current Contact Management System and assists with the design of and migration to a new platform as needed.
- Manages the documentation of assigned meetings, highlighting tasks identified and person responsible, follow up on tasks, and files and distributes minutes.
- Organizes and maintains CSS Operations clinical and financial files and documents in Box and other platforms.
- Under direction of the Operations Director, creates and maintains operational policies and procedures as well and workload assignments, tracking of various projects, and program needs.
- Coordinate state/regional project conference and workshop administration including locating venue, negotiating event contracts (food, AV, etc.), coordinating planning committee meetings, and preparing materials including the development and coordination of the annual START National Training Institute.